2020 finalists for the Community Service Delivery Award were:
- Fairfield City Council, NSW for the Fairstart Early Intervention Program.
- Port Stephens City Council, NSW for the Expansion and Rebranding of Children’s Services Project.
- Carpentaria Shire Council, QLD for the Les Wilson Barramundi Discovery Centre.
- City of Port Adelaide Enfield, SA for Nunga Week 2019.
- Brimbank City Council, VIC for the Pre-school Engagement Strategy.
- Banyule City Council, VIC for the Inclusive Employment Program.
- The City of Bayswater, WA for the Participatory Budgeting Project.
- Waratah-Wynyard Council, TAS for the Communications and Engagement Strategy.
HIGHLY COMMENDED: Shire of Carpentaria
WINNER: Banyule City Council
In 2018, Banyule City Council committed to creating 100 job opportunities for local people facing barriers to employment. The Inclusive Employment Program supports four groups within the Banyule community that have experienced challenges in gaining meaningful employment and are underrepresented in the Banyule labour market. These groups are Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, including refugees and asylum seekers, people living with disability, and young people (16-25 years). The program is a Council-wide initiative and employment opportunities are secured across Council’s four directorates. Embracing diversity as a strength, each position is tailored to match a suitable applicant’s area of interests, career goals, abilities, and/or skills, as well as the needs of the identified business unit.