Meet the decision-makers in the nation’s capital. Local Government Professionals Australia is inviting you to Canberra for a series of meetings and briefings with the officials behind the policies and budgets that directly affect your councils and communities.
Canberra Behind-the-Scenes returned on 25-26 May 2021 and saw local government officers meet with Ministers and Commonwealth senior executives to draw insights on programs that could support their communities at Parliament House.
The next event in the Canberra Behind-the-Scenes program is slated for Q4 2021.
Click below to watch the trailer for the most recent event in the series
The program included a networking function at Parliament House the evening before a full day of interactive discussions with Federal Government Department officials, linking delegates directly with the officials behind the programs, funding, and policies that affect their communities.
Delegates heard from:
- Minister for Regional Health, Regional Communications and Local Government
- Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources
- Department of Home Affairs
- Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
- Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications
- Australian Public Service Commission
- Infrastructure Australia
to discuss Federal policy on diverse issues from cyber security assistance to circular economy investment.
Registrations are now closed. Revisit this page for future events in this series.