LG Professionals Australia is offering a two-week exchange with local council peers in the USA and attendance at the ICMA conference.
In collaboration with International City/County Management Association (ICMA), LG Professionals Australia is offering members a unique opportunity to participate in the International Professional Exchange Program (IPEP).
This two-way exchange between Australia and our US counterpart sees members of the LG Professionals network or National Council Package holders networking with local government practitioners overseas and learning about best practices that they can apply in their own councils and communities.
How the Program Works
Our US partners will send a representative from a US local council to attend the LG Professionals Australia National Conference & Business Expo in Darwin from 31 July – 2 August 2019 where they will meet their Australian IPEP counterpart. In the following week, they will be hosted at the Australian participant’s local council.
The successful Australian IPEP participant will similarly visit the US to attend the ICMA conference in Nashville, Tennessee from 20 – 23 October 2019 and will spend a week with their US counterpart’s council.
- Be a member of an LG Professionals Federation Partner or be a National Council Package holder for at least the last six months
- Be currently working in the Australian local government sector in a senior management role
- Be able to obtain the relevant US visa
- Be able to host exchange counterpart for two weeks in their home
- Have approval from current employer to take a leave of absence for two weeks
- Have not travelled overseas under any other programs of LG Professionals Australia in the last two years
How to Apply
For full details, download the information pack. To apply, download and fill out the application form and send this along with a current CV and an organizational chart from your council identifying your position to Alexandra Ford at Alexandra@lgprofessionalsaustralia.org.au.
If you have any questions or require further information about the Exchange Program, please contact Alex at LG Professionals Australia at Alexandra@lgprofessionalsaustralia.org.au or on (02) 6230 1824.