Local Government Advocacy Advisory Groups aim to facilitate sharing and networking between local government professionals and technical experts across Australia and at the same time shape national advocacy efforts aligning to LG Professionals Australia’s advocacy agenda.
The advisory groups provide a space for local government professionals in a thematic area to network, share, and learn on a national level through virtual engagement. These groups will also provide LG Professionals Australia with expert advice and insight to strengthen and deepen advocacy efforts on behalf of Australian local government. Groups will be up to 20 people with participation in activities based on availability and relevant expertise.
Advocacy Advisory group participation will involve the following activities:
- Participation in regular one-hour facilitated virtual discussion groups on relevant topics with counterparts from across Australia
- Providing advice or input into LG Professionals Australia advocacy papers and submissions
- Assisting to disseminate information, resources, and surveys to professionals in local government
- Supporting LG Professionals Australia’s projects related to advocacy themes
- Participating in workshops, panel sessions, and other events on behalf of LG Professionals Australia
LG Professionals Australia is currently recruiting for the following LG Advocacy Advisory Groups:
Find out more about LG Professionals Australia’s Advocacy and Policy Platform here.