Connecting virtually is the most responsive, convenient, and cost-effective way for local government professionals across Australia to discuss and network around common issues. National Conversations: COVID-19 is a series of discussion and networking sessions for local government chief executives, general managers, and executive staff across Australia to share their experiences and learnings from dealing with COVID-19 and strategies and approaches as COVID-19 restrictions ease.
LG Professionals Australia ran interactive sessions throughout June and July 2020, each based on a particular part of the local government COVID-19 response. Participants were convened by a facilitator around a series of discussion questions related to the topics below.
1. Community Wellbeing coming out of COVID – Friday 5 June 2020
2. Changing Community Services and facilities: systems, processes and provision – Friday 19 June
3. Environmental Health – Wednesday 24 June
4. Business Continuity of Councils Wednesday 1 July
5. CEOs Support: sharing experiences from a State perspective – Friday 10 July
6. Local Business Recovery – Wednesday 15 July
7. Human Resources Challenges during COVID-19 and changing work environment – Friday 24 July
Nominations & Applications
This LG Professionals member-exclusive program is now completed and applications are closed. Re-visit the LG Professionals Australia homepage and social channels for more opportunities to network with your peers, contribute to the sector, and advance your career in local government.
Have a question?
Ask us! Either use the quick form below, or email our coordinator, Alexandra Ford at Alexandra@lgprofessionalsaustralia.org.au