Connecting virtually is the most responsive, convenient, and cost-effective way for local government professionals across Australia to discuss and network around common issues. National Conversations: COVID-19 is a series of discussion and networking sessions for local government chief executives, general managers, and executive staff across Australia to share their experiences and learnings from dealing with COVID-19 and strategies and approaches as COVID-19 restrictions ease.
LG Professionals Australia will run up to 7 interactive sessions via Zoom, with each based on a particular part of the local government COVID response. Up to 10 participants will be convened by a facilitator around a series of discussion questions related to the topic. Sessions will be held over June and July approximately every two weeks.
1. Community Wellbeing coming out of COVID – 5 June 2020. Nominations closed
2. Changing Community Services and facilities: systems, processes and provision – Friday 19th June 1-2pm AEST. Nominations closed.
3. Environmental Health – Wednesday 24th June 1-2PM AEST Nominations closed
4. Business Continuity of Councils Wednesday 1st July 1-2 PM AEST
5. CEOs Support: sharing experiences from a State perspective – Friday 10th July 1-2PM AEST
6. Local Business Recovery – Wednesday 15th July
7. Human Resources Challenges during COVID-19 and changing work environment – Friday 24th July
Nominations & Applications
You can apply now to share your experiences and learnings on managing the COVID-19 crisis and coming recovery, and to network with your peers.
Applicants must be a member of an LG Professionals State Association (including LGMA and LG Pro) or be a staff member of a local government with a National Council Package.
Ready to join the conversation?
Have a question?
Ask us! Either use the quick form below, or email our coordinator, Alexandra Ford at Alexandra@lgprofessionalsaustralia.org.au