LG Professionals Australia has been the leading advocate for the contribution, capability and capacity of local government professionals for more than 80 years. This is achieved, in part, by proactive engagement with other spheres of government and the wider Australian community.
The goal of Local Government Professionals Australia’s National Advocacy and Policy Platform is to:
• influence the Commonwealth Government’s policies and programs in the interests of local government through a targeted national advocacy program, including through partnerships with others as appropriate; and
• provide a sounding board and pre-emptive feedback to policy developers in the
Commonwealth Government before and during policy development stages.
Our advocacy objectives for 2020 – 22 are for:
- Local Government to be financially sustainable
- Local Government to have an appropriately skilled workforce
- Local Government to have an improved capacity to address impacts on the natural environment
- Local Government to support and practice the principles of diversity and inclusion
- Local Government to build more respectful relationships between elected members and senior officers to avoid adverse impacts to local government service delivery to communities.
To view the full details of Local Government Professionals Australia’s National Advocacy and Policy Platform, download the document below.