The National Waste Management and Recycling Advisory Group aims to facilitate sharing and networking between local government professionals across Australia while shaping the national advocacy agenda for the waste management sector, representing the views and needs of local government.
The National group of up to 20 participants provides a space for local government leaders and technical experts in waste management to share experiences, learnings and approaches.
LG Professionals Australia is seeking technical experts and managers working in waste management and recycling to participate virtually in this group. A broad range of voices in the waste management space are being sought, from executive leaders and managers of waste facilities and teams through to technical waste experts and waste education professionals from all States and the Northern Territory.
The anticipated commitment will be 1-2 hours per month and may include participation in virtual discussion groups, feedback on surveys, submissions and reports via email and/or participating in events related to waste management.
Advisory group activities:
- Participate in virtual discussion groups on waste management and recycling in relation to local government highlighting challenges and opportunities and sharing learnings and experiences.
- Provide technical advice through input to and review of LG Professionals Australia submissions and reports related to waste management and recycling in local government.
- Participate and comment on survey findings and analysis related to waste management in local government.
- Support LG Professionals Australia projects and opportunities through promotion and sharing amongst networks.
- Participate in LG Professionals Australia’s events where applicable including workshops, seminars, webinars, and conferences.
To nominate yourself to be part of the Waste Management and Recycling Advisory Group, please submit an expression of interest by Monday 12 October.